Lamb Shanks in Burgundy
- 4 lamb shanks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or beef stock
Preparation:10min › Cook:8hours › Ready in:8hours10min
- Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Place in a 5.5 litre slow cooker. Sprinkle with the parsley, garlic, oregano and lemon peel.
- In a small saucepan, saute the onion and carrot in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine and/or stock. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour over lamb. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove lamb and keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat. In a small saucepan, bring juices to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with lamb.
Really enjoyed this Thank you!! My husband loved it too!! - 31 Oct 2010
We all loved it - 22 May 2010
- 19 Jun 2012