Faux Fried Rice
Serves : 2
- 1 grated cauliflower, as much as you can eat
- a bit of broccoli
- some fresh corn shaved off one cob
- 1 small thinly sliced red onion
- 1 large finely chopped garlic clove
- a few shakes of "bacon," bits (soy product)
- 1/2 a cup of peas
- some veggie salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil to cook with or one depending on how much you're making, I just drizzle a small amount into the wok.
Preparation:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
- Throw ingredients into a wok on high, add the oil, heat 3-4 minutes, and eat.
Used different ingredients. I added a little soy sauce, the egg and peas as mentioned and some diced ham. I omitted the vegie salt and the corn as i did have any. - 26 Nov 2010
Great way to eat your vegies! Very tasty! Even my boyfriend who doesn't normally say much about the recipes i like to try out said he liked it, especially since it is based on cauliflower which he loves - 26 Nov 2010
Made it healthier. The picture shows that my first attempt had egg and peas in it. Now I cook the recipe above because I'm allergic to eggs as well. : ) - 06 Jul 2009