Blueberry Corn Muffins
- 155g plain flour
- 140g polenta (cornmeal)
- 100g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 250g fresh blueberries
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, polenta, sugar, salt, baking powder and bicarb soda. In a separate bowl, beat together oil, vanilla and egg. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk just until moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Very tasty and not overly sweet. I used thawed and drained blueberries. Texture very good. Moist but not mushy. I cooled them upside down in case they would be prone to breaking but the corn meal held its shape without crumbling. Still good the next day. I will definitely make this recipe often! - 29 Sep 2008
These are the best muffins I have ever made!!! Don't bake them for more than 20 mins... They turned out very tender and not too sweet!!! Thanks! - 29 Sep 2008
They were delicious. Thank you!!!! - 29 Sep 2008