Bean and Corn Quesadillas
Serves : 12
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 155g corn kernels
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 (415g) tin refried beans
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- extra 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and gently cook the onion and garlic until soft. Mix in capsicum, tomatoes and corn then cook until heated through.
- Spread 6 tortillas with equal amounts of the refried beans, vegetable mixture and cheese. Top with the remaining tortillas to form a "sandwich".
- Heat the extra oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Place quesadillas in the frying pan and cook, turning once, until cheese is melted and both sides are lightly browned.
Used different ingredients. Used half a can of tinned tomatoes (as had no fresh), and mexe-beans instead of refried beans (they're kidney beans with some spices already added). Used other 'tweak' of folding in half rather than laying a 2nd tortilla on top, which worked well. - 13 Apr 2009
Made it healthier. I very lightly buttered the tortilla on both outsides before placing it in a dry fry pan. Didnt taste oily at all... lovely simple and very quick meal! - 31 May 2010
We sprayed the pan with olive oil, and were really impressed at how well the tortillas browned up. My husband loved how easy they were to eat when folded in half compared to burritos where the filling tends to fall out. Great! - 13 Apr 2009