Serves : 8
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic, mustard powder and salt. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before brushing on your favourite barbecued meats.
Whether it's raining outside or you simply haven't got a barbecue, you can bake your meat in the oven and brush this sauce on the meat during the last few minutes of cooking.
Used different ingredients. This is an amazing recipe... I only changed 2 things and that is that I used one tablespoon of prepared mustard instead of the mustard powder. My husband won't let me buy bbq sauce anymore...hahaha.....thanks for sharing Deb. - 29 Sep 2008
Stellar BBQ sauce! Will definitely make it again. Only difference was that I used homemade ketchup (tomato sauce) rather than commercial. No need to buy bottled BBQ sauce anymore! Might experiment a bit with the flavour next time and use liquid hickory smoke, etc. - 10 Jul 2011
I cant eat garlic so I made the recipe without it and it was still superb! If you dont have enough tomato sauce on hand (like me) substitute with 1 heaped Tablespoon of tomato paste and 1-2 Tablespoons of water 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce =1/4 cup of tomato sauce equivalent (well it worked for me.) Will be my staple! I used it as a pizza sauce base. yum - 31 Jul 2012