Easy Creamy Tortellini
- 500g beef tortellini
- 3 - 5 rashers diced bacon
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and cracked black pepper
Preparation:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Boil the tortellini in plenty of salted water according to packet directions and drain.
- While the pasta is on the boil, fry the bacon in a small saucepan, add the peas and cream and simmer for about 5 minutes until the peas are cooked through.
- Return the drained tortellini to the stove in its saucepan and add the cream sauce. Stir through the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Made it vegetarian. substituted bacon with vegetarian bacon ,the cream with a cup of whisked silken tofu and tortellini with spinach tortellini - 25 May 2009
my family enjoyed the recipe as is ,I am vegetarian and enjoyed my vegetarian version - 25 May 2009
Made this for dinner and loved it, easy no fuss meal with quick prep work - 13 Jan 2011