Tinned Chickpea Hummus
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation:5min › Cook:5min › Ready in:10min
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic in olive oil for approximately 3 minutes, until softened.
- Place chickpeas in a blender or food processor with approximately 1 teaspoon reserved liquid. Process until smooth. Mix in the garlic, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Blend to desired consistency, increasing the amount of reserved bean liquid as desired. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.
This recipe is super easy. Although I had sesame seeds I didnt have tahini and all other recipes asked for Tahini. I added a touch of cajun spice for a little kick, perfect and will definitely be getting made again - 14 Nov 2011
Altered ingredient amounts. This is super quick and easy, and great for dipping veggies in. I reduced the oil to 1 tbsp. and used 4 cloves of garlic. - 29 Sep 2008
Something else. This is a good recipe for hummus, but is even better when you toast the sesame seeds in a dry frypan until they pop, puree with the olive oil to make a drizzly paste, then add the rest of the stuff. I like to coat the top with olive oil and serve with toasted pita. Yummy! And good for you. - 29 Sep 2008