Rice Bubble Bars (LCM's)
- 200g marshmallows
- 80g butter
- 4 cups Rice Bubbles(TM)
Preparation:5min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour5min
- Line a lamington/ swiss roll tray with baking paper.
- Measure rice bubbles and place them in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt marshmallows and butter in microwave on a low heat for 30 second bursts. Stir between each go, so it doesn't burn.
- The mix should appear smooth and creamy. (The butter may appear separated from the marshmallows, but will combine once added to rice bubbles)
- Pour the marshmallow and butter mix onto the rice bubbles. Mix well until the rice bubbles are coated.
- Tip into lined tray and press down with the back of a metal spoon, smooth over so it is flat.
- Cool in the fridge for an hour or until set then remove from the fridge, and lift out of tray. Remove paper.
- Cut into approx 24 bars, or smaller for a more bite size pieces.
Something else. I found the mixture stuck to the back of the spoon when trying to firm it down, so I covered the top with another piece of baking paper and flattened it out that way....much easier! - 27 Apr 2010
Altered ingredient amounts. sprinkled with 100's & 1000's - 12 Mar 2010
Put grease proof paper over top and pressed into tin - easy and no sticking. Great recipe :-) - 10 Oct 2012