Easy Barbecued Tandoori Chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
Preparation:25min › Cook:15min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- In a medium bowl, mix curry powder, chilli flakes, salt, ginger, paprika, cinnamon and turmeric with water to form a smooth paste. Rub paste into chicken breasts, and place them on a plate. Cover and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Brush barbecue hotplate with oil. Place chicken on the barbecue, and cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear when pierced with a skewer.
If you're looking for a dairy-free tandoori recipe, this is perfect. But for a more authentic tandoori, try substituting the marinade's water with yoghurt.
Used different ingredients. I made this with yoghurt instead of oil and vinegar, and marinated it overnight. It turned out really well. Everyone liked it. - 29 Sep 2008
Something else. I combine both tandoori I and tandoori II for my chicken Tandoori. I use the yoghurt and lemon juice from I and combine it with all the spices in this one. Then I leave it in the fridge for about 3-4 hours and place it in the oven for an hour. I tried it the first time with the vege oil and vinegar on top of everything I mentioned here (from I) and forgot it this time, and I liked it better this time. This is wonderful over some rice, tho you need to keep your rice moist, as there is no sauce. It might be better over buttered noodles, I don't know. - 29 Sep 2008
If I make this again, I will add the yoghurt and lemon juice. The chicken was tender, but rather dry. - 29 Sep 2008