Fillet Steaks with Onion Shallot Butter
- 1 bottle red wine
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) oyster sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced or crushed garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 fillet steaks
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped spring onions
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
Preparation:5hours › Cook:20min › Ready in:5hours20min
- To make the marinade; mix together wine (reserving 1 teaspoon), oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic and oregano in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then remove from heat. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Place the steaks in a large baking dish, and pour the chilled marinade over them. Cover tightly with aluminium foil and marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 5 hours.
- To make the butter; in a medium bowl, cream butter and 1 teaspoon of wine with a hand mixer. Mix in the onions, spring onions and white pepper by hand; cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Preheat barbecue to high and preheat oven to 110 degrees C.
- Barbecue the marinated steak till done to your preference, turning once. Place the steak in a clean baking dish. Dollop with the onion/butter mixture and warm in the preheated oven for a minute, or until butter is melted.
Allow 5 hours for the steaks to marinate.
this was good - a good red wine marinade that adds that extra special something to a good steak. I only made this about an hour before serving and the flavor was great. - 05 Nov 2012
Something else. Incredible! This was an excellent recipe. In the supermarket I could only find oyster "flavoured" sauce in the Asian foods aisle. I'm not sure whether this was the correct product, it was very thick. I used the red burgundy and this oyster "flavoured" sauce and it turned out fabulous. So, I assume that I guessed right with the wine and sauce. I would recommend using a little less oil for the sauce because it really doesn't seem that necessary. And I didn't use the barbecue but rather grilled the fillets. I highly recommend everyone try this recipe, the flavours are incredible. We had the fillets with frozen chips. The sauce over the chips was excellent! - 08 Oct 2008
This recipe was gorgeous!! The meat was so tender it was like cutting through butter. I was only planning on eating half of my steak, but their was no way I could stop eating until their was nothing left - 08 Oct 2008