Marinated Garlic Orange Steak
- 1 kg thick cut porterhouse steak
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Extra time:6hours marinating › Ready in:6hours30min
- Make crisscross cuts on surface of meat on both sides and place in a shallow dish. Reserve half of the orange juice. Mix remaining juice with garlic and ginger. Pour over meat and marinate in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat barbecue for medium heat.
- Brush cooking grate with oil and place steak on barbecue. Cook for 6 to 10 minutes per side. Remove from barbecue and rest for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat reserved orange juice. Slice meat and transfer to a serving platter. Pour heated orange juice over the meat.
What on earth is this recipe doing in a vegetarian section? I have now also seen turkey and chicken in this section. Perhaps they could go into their own areas. As a vegetarian of over 30 years, I really don't appreciate seeing blood filled meat. - 25 May 2012