5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter flavour infused rice bran oil, or butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence or peppermint
- 1 tablespoon choc chips
- 1 large mug
Preparation:10min › Cook:3min › Ready in:13min
- Add dry ingredients to the mug and mix well.
- Crack an egg and add it to your mug. Be sure to mix it well to avoid any pockets of flour in the corners. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the vanilla essence.
- Pop your mug into the microwave & zap for 3 minutes on maximum power (1000watt). Wait until the cake stops rising, and sets in the mug.
- If necessary, run a knife around the sides of the mug, and tip the still warm cake out of the mug and onto a saucer.
okay after reading thru all the comments and other 'minutes in a cup cake' the tweaks for this recipe are as follows: 4T flour 4T sugar 2T cocoa 1/4 t baking powder 1/8 t salt 2T beaten egg (not a whole egg but half of one) 3T oil 3T milk 1/4 t vanilla or other essence 1-2T boiling water 1-3 T chocolate chips or other chocolate bits nuts (optional) 1 Very Large or Tall mug mix all the ingredients except the chips and/or nuts until after adding the hot water. It may seem a little soupy but your cake will be very moist in the end. Vary your microwave cooking times depending on your ovens wattage. Anywhere from 2 1/2 to 5 minutes. The longer it cooks the drier it can become so adding the extra bit of moisture really helps. If you're not interested in using cooking oil it can be substituted with unsweetened applesauce. The results with the extra moisture benefit this recipe well. Bon Appetite! (have made this recipe 5 times) - 12 Feb 2012
Used different ingredients. 4 Tablespoons Sugar 4 Tablespoons G F Pain Flour with a Teaspoon of Baking Powder 3 Tablespoons of Melted Canola Margerine instead of Oil. Serve with whipped Cream and thawed frozen Raspberries - 09 Dec 2008
this was gawd awful. i made an account, just so i can warn you. I followed the directions to a tee and the result was a brown chewy sponge with a bitter flavor. I'm sorry, but no. no me gusta. - 16 Oct 2011