Caramel Toffee Apples Plus
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 6 wooden sticks-chopsticks, skewers or paddle pop sticks
- 400g individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1½ cups chopped marshmallows
- 1½ cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup chocolate chips, milk or dark
Preparation:20min › Ready in:20min
- Insert wooden sticks 3/4 of the way into the stem end of each apple. Place apples on a greased or lined baking tray. Mix the marshmallows and pecans on a dinner plate and set aside.
- Combine caramels and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until caramel melts and is smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Dip each apple into the caramel and gently run apples around insides of saucepan to scrape off some of the caramel. Scrape excess caramel from the apple bottoms using the side of the saucepan.
- Roll the apples in the marshmallow-pecan mixture to coat. Place on the trays and put in the fridge to chill.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over the apples and return them to the refrigerator until ready to serve
taste as good as they look...i made them with red food dye though - 10 Oct 2012
OMG that looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice - 10 Oct 2012