Honeycomb with Golden Syrup
Serves : 10
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons bicarb soda
Preparation:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
- Grease a 20 cm square cake tin or slice tray.
- In a large saucepan, heat the golden syrup and sugar together, bring to a boil then simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes. Cooking time will vary but test it by dropping a little syrup into water-it should become brittle when ready. Watch it doesn't burn.
- Remove pot from heat and add the bicarb soda. Quickly mix it in because the mixture will foam up instantly. Pour immediately into the cake tin. Leave to set then break into bite size chunks.
Used different ingredients. I ran out of Golden Syrup, so I tried this with honey. Still fantastic! - 20 Mar 2009
The tablespoon of water is not mentioned in the recipe ... why list an ingredient if it is not used in the recipe? - 17 Jul 2009
I felt there was too much bicarb as it had a slightly soapy taste. It was easy and fun for the children too much. I will make it again with less bicarb (in line with other recipes) - 05 Jun 2010