11 people made this
This is extremely quick to make, and has been popular at social gatherings. I usually serve it on a lettuce leaf, with capers on the side. It goes well with water crackers.
1 (415g) tin pink salmon, drained with liquid reserved
1 tablespoon unflavoured gelatine
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise (fat free works well)
juice of half a lemon (about one tablespoon)
salt and pepper, to taste
- Measure the reserved liquid from the tin and top up with water to make 1/2 cup.
- Place this in a saucepan and slowly sprinkle the gelatine on top, this will make the dissolving process easier.
- Heat gently until the gelatine is completely dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Let this broth-like liquid cool slightly.
- Put all other ingredients in a blender and add the lukewarm broth on top.
- Blend until smooth, add salt and pepper to taste (add more Worcestershire sauce if desired).
- Place in moulds and refrigerate. You can use fancy gelatine moulds or line a loaf pan with cling wrap and cut slices when needed. This freezes very well.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate