1 / 1 Picture by: France
- 1 (415g) tin of pink salmon, drained with liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon unflavoured gelatine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (fat free works well)
- juice of half a lemon (about one tablespoon)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:20min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour20min
- Measure the reserved liquid from the tin and top up with water to make 1/2 cup.
- Place this in a pot and slowly sprinkle the gelatine on top, this will make the dissolving process easier.
- Heat gently until the gelatine is completely dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Let this broth-like liquid cool slightly.
- Put all other ingredients in a blender and add the lukewarm broth on top.
- Blend until smooth, add salt and pepper to taste (add more Worcestershire sauce if desired).
- Place in moulds and refrigerate. You can use fancy gelatine moulds or line a loaf pan with cling wrap and cut slices when needed. This freezes very well.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!