Very Easy Fruit Cake
- 1 kg mixed fruit
- 700 mls chocolate milk
- 2 cups self raising flour
Preparation:8hours › Cook:2hours › Extra time:1day14hours › Ready in:2days
- Soak the mixed fruit in the chocolate milk overnight in the fridge
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Line the bottom and sides of 25cm square tin with either baking paper or alfoil, with the lining coming over the sides by about 5cm. Spray the paper or alfoil with some cooking spray.
- Sift the flour into the soaked fruit one cup at a time and mix in well after each addition. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and cook for 1½ to 2 hours. After 1½ hours insert a skewer or cake tester into the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean your cake is ready to be taken from the oven.
- Leave the in cake tin until cooled and then put onto a wire rack to fully cool.
I didn't use chocolate milk, I have used orange juice or pineapple juice in lieu of the milk. You can still add the brandy, and it lasts much longer and tastes much better. - 30 Nov 2011
How long would this cake last if you covered it with fondant? (Im concerned about the milk in it, and the fact that you cant refridgerate or even place a fondant covered cake in an air tight container) - 09 Nov 2011
What a crap cake. Bitter as anything....had to throw it out. What a complete waste of ingredients and time - 22 Apr 2011