Barbecued Garlic Prawns
Serves : 6
- 85g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped eschalots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 kg uncooked, large fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
- oil for the barbecue
Preparation:10min › Cook:5min › Ready in:15min
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together softened butter, olive oil, garlic, eschalots, chives, salt, pepper and paprika. Add the prawns, and toss to coat.
- Lightly oil the bbq hotplate. Cook the prawns as close to the flame as possible for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until they turn pink.
Altered ingredient amounts. I just served this over rice with a few slices of avo - amazing! haha - 22 Mar 2009
Used different ingredients. This is really good stuff. I made a few changes to suit the taste of my family. To the butter sauce I added a bit of stock (chicken) and a little bit of lemon juice. I let the sauce thicken up a bit and wow it was amazing. Will make this one again. - 08 Oct 2008
Took shortcuts. A now closed restaurant served something very like this. My favourite! I, like they, served it over fettucine. I garnished with spring onion tops and served crusty slices of bread on the side. I cheated by cooking the prawns in the sauce on a hotplate. Yummy perfection and couldn't be easier! - 08 Oct 2008