1 / 1 Picture by: artvegan
Big Moist Sultana and Banana Biscuits
- 250g sultanas
- vanilla soy milk to cover
- 3 cups (375g) wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1/2 tsp kelp (crumbled or powdered)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 350g mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Extra time:1hour soaking › Ready in:1hour40min
- Soak the sultanas in soy milk for at least an hour, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In medium bowl mix the dry ingredients; then mix in the sultanas.
- In larger bowl cream together last four ingredients.
- Gently mix dry ingredients into wet to form a sticky-ish dough.
- Divide into 16 pieces; shape then in circles with wet hands.
- Place on oiled baking tray. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!