Big Moist Sultana and Banana Biscuits
Be the first to make this!
I devised this recipe - these are like a cross between a scone and a biscuit. 100% vegan.
vanilla soy milk to cover
3 cups (375g) wholemeal flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
1/2 tsp kelp (crumbled or powdered)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cardamom
1 cup brown sugar
350g mashed bananas
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
Extra time:1hour soaking ›
- Soak the sultanas in soy milk for at least an hour, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In medium bowl mix the dry ingredients; then mix in the sultanas.
- In larger bowl cream together last four ingredients.
- Gently mix dry ingredients into wet to form a sticky-ish dough.
- Divide into 16 pieces; shape then in circles with wet hands.
- Place on oiled baking tray. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate