Fresh Mango Salsa for Chicken
- 4 (100g) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 (2cm) piece fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Preparation:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat barbecue on high heat, and lightly oil cooking grate.
- Rub chicken breast fillets with salt and pepper. Cook on hot barbecue for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove from heat, set aside, and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and sauté garlic for about 1 minute. Add ginger and mangoes and cook 3 to 4 minutes until mangoes are tender.
- Add the cider vinegar and white wine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in coriander, and remove from heat. Spoon frying pan mixture over the barbecued chicken to serve.
I used canned mango, used less ginger and a touch of chilli and we all LOVED it!! Easy and great with losts of different dishes. - 07 Jan 2013
Used different ingredients. Good recipe. Go easy on the ginger root, though. I added papaya just for chunks - mango was stringy. - 29 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. This recipe was o.k. It needed something more...I added orange juice. It needs a zest of something. I kept tasting the vinegar. - 29 Sep 2008