1 / 1 Picture by:
Brie and bacon penne carbonara
- 375g penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 250g bacon
- 100g sliced field mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 small tin (185ml ) skinny carnation evaporated milk
- 250g premade pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 medium head of broccoli, chopped and microwave cooked
- 1 small round of brie cheese
- 1 avocado chopped
- Grated parmesan cheese
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Take your biggest pot and boil water. Add pasta and cook as per packet directions. When cooked, drain and run through cold water.
- Take pot back to stove and add olive oil. Fry the bacon and when soft add the garlic and stir.
- Have the milk, wine and stir in sauce ready. Add them all while stirring - then add the egg last.
- When mixture starts to thicken add the cooked pasta and stir to mix well. Also add broccoli.
- Add chopped up brie and avocado. Stir for a minute or two till the cheese melts
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese salt and black pepper.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!