Brie and bacon penne carbonara
1 person made this
This dish started out 20 years ago with liver and fettucine but has evolved to become bacon and brie!
375g penne pasta
2 tablespoons of olive oil
100g sliced field mushrooms
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 beaten egg
1 small tin (185ml ) skinny carnation evaporated milk
250g premade pasta sauce
1/2 cup white wine
1 medium head of broccoli, chopped and microwave cooked
1 small round of brie cheese
1 avocado chopped
Grated parmesan cheese
- Take your biggest pot and boil water. Add pasta and cook as per packet directions. When cooked, drain and run through cold water.
- Take pot back to stove and add olive oil. Fry the bacon and when soft add the garlic and stir.
- Have the milk, wine and stir in sauce ready. Add them all while stirring - then add the egg last.
- When mixture starts to thicken add the cooked pasta and stir to mix well. Also add broccoli.
- Add chopped up brie and avocado. Stir for a minute or two till the cheese melts
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese salt and black pepper.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate