1 / 1 Picture by:
Mango and Prawn Thai Noodle Salad
- 250g rice vermicelli noodles
- 800g raw king prawns (or whatever is on special - tails intact)
- 1 tbs garlic
- 6 cups of rocket leaves
- 1 cup of coriander
- 2 or 3 mangoes, peeled and cut into slices
- 2 spring onions, cut into thin strips
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, cut into thin circles
- 2 avocados, sliced
- For the dressing
- 1/3 cup (85ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (65ml) fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (65ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- To garnish
- 100g pea sprouts
- 1 chilli, sliced into strips
Preparation:20min › Cook:5min › Ready in:25min
- Soak noodles as per instructions - approx 5 minutes in boiled water. Drain and rinse in very cold water.
- Spray a non-stick fry pan with cooking spray and add garlic. Toss the prawns in the garlic over a medium temperature until pink and cooked. Set aside.
- Place all the vegetables and mango into a large bowl. Cut the noodles into manageable lengths and toss through the salad mix.
- To make the dressing; place all the sauce ingredients into a jar or shaker and screw lid on tight. Shake vigorously until mixture is emulsified.
- You can either add the sauce to the salad mix now, but I prefer to drizzle it over at the end.
- Place the salad in equal portions on 6 plates. Place the prawns decoratively over the top of the salad and drizzle the dressing over the top. Place the pea sprouts and chilli strips on top to garnish. And there you have it!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!