9 people made this
A very tangy slice, that is so easy to make. An excellent mix of lemon, condensed milk and biscuits, it's a perfect no-cook delight.
1 packet (250g) dry biscuits, like Maris Biscuits
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 tin sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup icing sugar
Extra time:1hour chilling ›
- Crush the biscuits so that they are very fine, either with a roling pin or in the food processor.
- Grate the rind of one lemon, and juice both of them (set aside half the juice).
- Heat the condensed milk in a saucepan. When warm add lemon juice, rind and coconut, the milk will curdle but thats ok.
- Add the warm mixture to the crushed biscuits and mix through until it is well coated.
- Pour biscuit mix into a slice tin - or any tin - the size depends on how thick you want the base.
- Refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make icing with the icing sugar and the other half of the lemon juice.
- Spread the icing over the top of the slice, and refrigerate for a further twenty minutes to allow the icing to set.
- Cut into small pieces and then serve, chilled.
This was nice, but not quiet like the one Nan used to make. (lost the recipe). I dont like to waste anything so I think I will try the one that uses a whole can of milk next time.
- 18 Sep 2011
I made this using Arnotts Rice Cookies just because I had them and limes instead of lemons because that's all I had. Everyone loved it. Lovely and tangy, but a rather soft texture.
- 19 Apr 2012
I love to make this with my mum. We use more than half a cup of icing sugar to make it work. Our whole family love this slice :-)
Written by Miss. Seven
- 26 Jun 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate