Low Fat Banana Muffins
Serves : 12
- 1 cup (125g) plain flour
- 3 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 250g (3 medium) peeled, mashed ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 60g reduced fat sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper muffin cups.
- Mix flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together banana, sugar, egg and vanilla essence. Stir in creme fraiche. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving. For best flavour, place in an airtight container or plastic bag overnight.
Altered ingredient amounts. I didnt have baking soda and just used half a teaspoon of bicarb and still got amazing results! - 10 Apr 2010
- 19 Apr 2011
Used different ingredients. bananas were too expensive to cook with so i processed together the flesh (aprox 125g) & finly grated zest of one orange plus aprox 100g dates until just a few lumps of date remained. they went down great with my toddler & adults - 19 Apr 2011