Apricot Muesli Loaf
A New Zealand lunch-box classic, this flavourful loaf rewards using the best quality dried apricots. Perfect as an afternoon pick-me-up.
2 people made this
1 cup un-sulphured dried apricots, diced
1 cup (250g) sugar
1 cup (250ml) water
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 3/4 cups (185g) plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon toasted muesli
1 large egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 160 degree C and line a 13 x 23cm loaf tin.
- In a medium saucepan place dried apricots, sugar, water and butter. Bring to boil quickly then lower heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift flour and baking powder together. Add muesli (reserving 1 tablespoon) to flour and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture.
- Remove the apricot mixture from heat and stir in the bicarbonate soda. When mixture has foamed up add to flour mixture in three additions alternating with the lightly whisked egg.
- Working quickly but gently folding in the wet ingredients until just combined. Do not beat.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin then sprinkle reserved tablespoon of muesli on top and bake for 55-60 minutes until golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in tin then turn out onto a cake rack.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 18.104.22.168