Be the first to make this!
This recipe was an accident due to not having a traditional ingredient but everyone loves it! And it can be used for a gingerbread house with the royal icing.
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
300g sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 cups (625g) plain flour
2 egg whites
2 1/4 cups (400g) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Biscuits: Melt butter, sugar and condensed milk in a saucepan on the stove until combined.
- Leave it cool for five minutes.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and stir into the melted mixture 1 cup at a time.
- Wrap half the dough in plastic and keep it in the fridge while you work with the first half.
- Roll out the two halves and cut your biscuits to the desired shapes.
- Place on baking paper and into the oven for 10-15 minutes until slightly brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Royal Icing: Combine the egg whites and pure icing sugar until thick and creamy.
- Use this to ice the biscuits or make a gingerbread house.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate