Be the first to make this!
A sweet and rich flavoured recipe that is perfect for summer when you have overflowing passionfruit vines. Of course, you can make it anytime using tinned passionfruit pulp.
500 ml whipping cream
21/2 tablespoons vanilla essence
400g of passionfruit pulp, tinned or fresh
1 tin (395g) condensed milk
15 egg whites
a drop or 2 of yellow food colouring
3 tablespoons (20g) gelatine powder
200ml (about 3/4cup) boiling water
Extra time:2hours chilling ›
- Whip the cream with the vanilla essence to stiff peaks.
- Mix passionfruit, condensed milk, whipped cream together.
- Whip egg whites for 10 minutes or until stiff peaks are formed.
- Slowly fold in egg whites to other mixture, then add food colour to give desired effect.
- Disolve gelatine in 200mls of boiling water, then add to mixture.
- Quick combine mixture and pour into martini glasses - or into a lrge glass serving bowl - and allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with a rosette of cream and some left over passionfruit pulp..
Write a review
Click on stars to rate