1 / 1 Picture by: bundymum
Sarah & Toby's Ridgy-Didge Rissoles
- 750g lean mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red capsicum
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 potato, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup (125g) bread crumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (65ml) olive oil
- Breadcrumbs for coating
- Flour for coating
Preparation:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Mix together the flour and breadcrumbs for coating and spread on a flat plate.
- In a large bowl, mix together all other ingredients, using a wooden spoon and your fingers, to make sure all ingredients are evenly distributed through the rissole mixture.
- Form the mixture into patties, about 3 cm in diameter and about 1.5cm wide, firmly compact the patty your hands, roll it in the flour and breadcrumbs mixture, then set it on a plate.
- In a heavy frypan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Cook the rissoles for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. They can also be barbecued.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!