1 / 1 Picture by:
Easy Lentil Curry
Serves : 2
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (whole)
- 1 teaspoon red mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (more to taste)
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1 (400g) tin brown lentils
- 2 med tomatoes
- large handful baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Heat butter and oil with cumin and mustard seeds until seeds begin to 'pop'.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, spring onions and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add lentils in their juice and simmer for 5 minutes squashing some of the lentils against the side of the saucepan as you stir.
- When hot, stir in tomato, spinach, salt and pepper then heat through. Serve over rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!