Balsamic Blue Cheese Salad
Serves : 2
- 3 cups mixed baby salad leaves, well rinsed
- 225g Stilton or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 125g chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Preparation:10min › Ready in:10min
- In a medium bowl, toss together the baby salad leaves, blue cheese and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice. Adjust dressing to taste. Pour over the salad mixture and toss well. Serve immediately.
Used different ingredients. Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! This salad is great and has so many possibilities. I have made it with grilled chicken and grilled steak sliced thinly - and both were sensational! Another option is prawn or crab. Once I was out of bleu cheese and I used feta and it was equally as good. I will make this again and again! 5 big stars. - 29 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. Easy and quite good. Defintely a repeater. Use a good crumbled blue cheese. I added very thinly sliced red onion, just a bit and thought it was a good option. - 29 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. I just had this for lunch with a slice of homemade cheese and onion quiche. The only thing I did differently was to throw in a handful of rocket - I can't get enough of that stuff! The flavours work perfectly together. Thanks, Nan! - 29 Sep 2008