1 / 1 Picture by: emrocks
Super Soft Sponge
- 160g soft butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup (155g) castor sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup (90g) self raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a cake tin.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on medium for about one minute or until just stiff.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until light a fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla essence. Mix well for about a minute.
- Add the sifted flour in two batches mixing well after each one.
- Pour in the water and milk mix until combined.
- Fold in the egg whites using a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!