Be the first to make this!
Crumbed asparagus is fried in oil then served with a green chilli mayonnaise dipping sauce. A big hit at any dinner party where I have served this.
12 asparagus spears
1/2 cup (60g) flour
2 eggs, whisked
2 cups (125g) fresh breadcrumbs
oil, for frying
1 cup (250ml) mayonnaise
2 green chillies, finely diced
15 shakes of tabasco sauce
- Dampen asparagus lightly with water. Coat with flour. It is best to avoid coating the tips.
- Dip in whisked egg and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Put in refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes so coating sticks; in the meantime make the dipping sauce.
- Heat oil in a frypan until hot and add the asparagus. Fry until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
- Dipping Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix thougherly.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate