Be the first to make this!
Yummy miso steak marinade for grilling, broiling, stir fry, etc... In makes a great entree served in a decorative Japanese style salad.
1kg boneless ribeye steaks
3 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 cup (125ml) light miso
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup (75ml) sake or other dry white wine
1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil, preferably peanut
Extra time:1hour marinating ›
- Freeze steaks for 45 minutes or so until they are firm and partially frozen then remove excess fat and slice very thin; place in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag.
- In a small frypan toast sesame seeds over high heat swirling pan being careful not to burn; remove from heat and cool.
- Place sesame seeds in a mortar and grind finely but do not grind into a paste. Alternatively you may use a small coffee grinder set on pulse.
- Place sesame seeds in a small bowl and mix with miso, soy sauce, sugar and sake (it should have the consistency of runny peanut butter).
- Add mixture to meat and work through as a marinade.
- Allow meat to marinate for an hour.
- Heat a large frypan on high, add a little oil and cook beef without crowding; you may want to cook in batches.
- Cook beef about 3-5 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Alternatively you may place meat under the grill and cook several minutes or until cooked through.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate