Pumpkin, Broad Bean and Spinach Curry
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oil
- 3 tablespoons curry paste or powder
- 1 (400g) tin coconut milk
- 500g pumpkin, cubed 2cm squares
- 1 (400g) tin broad beans or same amount of fresh
- 250g fresh baby spinach or frozen
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Cook the sliced onions in oil until light brown and soft.
- Stir in curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk plus 1/2 a tin of water; mix well.
- Add pumpkin and cook until nearly soft; 10 minutes.
- Add broad beans and cook until pumpkin is soft; 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in spinach leaves and coriander leaves then stir until wilted and heated through.
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
I made this recipe with broad beans and silverbeet from my garden. Absolutely delicious!! So I made more while the beans are plentiful and froze portions in takeaway containers to enjoy later. - 30 Nov 2012