Chow Mein Stew
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 600g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 packets chicken noodle soup
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 3 cups finely sliced cabbage
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 3 cups (750ml) water
- 3 tablespoons uncooked rice
- soy sauce
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry onion, mince and curry powder until cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and serve with a splash of soy sauce on top.
We love this easy recipe. To bulk up vegetable intake add potato, etc. Also add in a splash of soya sauce. - 21 Mar 2012
Made this a few times and altered a little to MY taste. 2 tablespoons of curry was too strong for me. 2 teaspoons was enough. Added 2 dices carrots for a bit of colour.A crushed clove of garlic,why not? Used angel hair pasta instead of the rice.Nice easy recipe Thanks.. - 05 Feb 2013
Easy no fuss great tasting meal. - 10 Jul 2012