No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 150g digestive biscuits (or shortbread biscuits)
- 45g butter
- 110g caster sugar, divided
- 120ml thickened cream
- 150g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder mixed with a little hot water
- 200g cream cheese
Preparation:20min › Extra time:1hour30min freezing › Ready in:1hour50min
- Crush the biscuits and mix with the melted butter and a tablespoon of the sugar. Press into an 18cm cake tin then refrigerate.
- Whip cream until soft peak stage. Add cooled melted chocolate then the cocoa powder mix. Blend well and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and remaining sugar together. Fold in cream/chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread into the cake tin on top of crushed biscuits. Freeze for one hour.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, then serve.
Watch a video of it being made…
This is the first cheesecake I've ever made.. It was very easy to make and very very yummy! I tweaked it a little by adding mint and topping the cheesecake with flake. I added a picture of the finished product - 16 May 2012
Made this last night.Did not put in freezer as per directions.It set beautifully overnight.It makes a small cheesecake.I thought about doubling the ingredients next time, but think it might be too rich.I would serve with berries next time. - 10 Mar 2011
Do you bake any cheesecakes anyway? - 04 Mar 2012