Baked chicken breasts with peaches
Serves : 8
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 170g dark brown soft sugar
- 4 fresh peaches - peeled, stone removed and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preparation:5min › Cook:30min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C . Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place chicken in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with half of the brown sugar. Place peach slices over chicken, then sprinkle with remaining sugar, ginger, cloves and lemon juice.
- Cook for about 30 minutes in preheated oven, basting often with juices, until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
For a delicious sauce to serve over the chicken and peaches, mix 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch with 110ml cold water and pour mixture into cooking juices. Stir over medium heat until the sauce thickens.