Spicy Devilled Sausages
- 500g beef or pork sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Heat oil in pan and brown sausages until cooked. Drain any excess oil from pan.
- Combine all other ingredients with the water to make a sauce.
- Add to sausages stir until sauce begins to boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Stirring occassionally for about 10 mins.
- Serve with either a potato, sweet potato mash or on a bed of steamed rice with vegetables.
Something else. I added 1T of Cornflour to the sauce so that it would thicken a bit better - 19 Jan 2009
Something else. i add apple to mine, just for something different - 26 May 2010
Used different ingredients. Didn't use paste or sugar. Instead used 2Tbls of tomato sauce - 14 Mar 2011