1 / 1 Picture by:
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons strong instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons brandy or almond liqueur
- 250g sponge finger biscuits
- 300g mascarpone
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy or almond liqueur
- 1 cup finely grated dark chocolate
Preparation:20min › Cook:4hours › Ready in:4hours20min
- Combine the hot water and coffee in a shallow plate and allow to cool. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the brandy or almond liqueur when cooled. Dip the sponge fingers into the coffee mixture briefly (so they do not become soggy) then place them in a single layer over the base of a shallow glass serving dish.
- Beat the egg whites in a small bowl until the peaks just fold over when the beater is removed. In a separate bowl, beat the mascarpone, egg yolks, icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of the brandy or almond liqueur together until thickened. Fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture with 1/2 cup of the grated chocolate. Spread the mixture over the sponge fingers.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup grated chocolate over the dessert. Cover and chill for several hours, preferably overnight.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!