My Fettuccine Carbonara
- 8 rashers bacon
- 450g fettuccine
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) cream
- black pepper
Preparation:10min › Cook:12min › Ready in:22min
- Trim bacon and cut into chunks. Fry in frypan over medium heat until crispy, remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Boil a large pot of water add a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt and cook the fettuccine for 9-10 minutes, or till al dente. Drain and return to pot to keep warm.
- Beat the eggs, cheese and cream in a bowl, then add the bacon. Pour over the pasta in the pot and toss gently with tongs.
- Return the pan to a very low heat and cook for 1 - 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened - don't overheat or the eggs will scramble. Season well with black pepper and serve.
Used different ingredients. Added 50gr Parsley Added 1 Onion Diced (Small) More Bacon to Taste - 24 Sep 2010
this was such a great recipe. i added mushrooms, diced onions and Parsley because i always love to mix it up and it was the best. thanks alot. - 24 Sep 2010
the difference was in the taste of the vegta and it is used in resturants - 10 Jan 2011