Fruit Spring Rolls - Banana
- 2 large firm bananas
- 8 spring roll wrappers, thawed
- 1 cup brown sugar, or to taste
- 1 litre oil for deep frying
Preparation:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Preheat the oil in a deep-fryer or large cast-iron frypan to 190 degrees C or medium-high heat.
- Peel bananas and slice them in half lengthwise, then crosswise into quarters. Place one piece of banana diagonally across the corner of a spring roll wrapper, and sprinkle with brown sugar to taste. Roll from the corner to the center, then fold top and bottom corners in, and continue rolling. Dip your finger in water and brush the last edge to seal. Repeat with remaining banana pieces.
- Fry a few banana rolls at a time in the hot oil until evenly browned. Remove to paper towels to drain. Serve hot or cold.
yummy yummy thank you - 03 Nov 2010
My husbands 50th birthday dinner needed a sweet alternative to the birthday cake..my mum pre-rolled 40 and we cooked them 3 hours later. Served with a drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of "Vegan coconut cream" Everybody loved them! Left-overs were great for breaky too!! Hubby cooked the last 3 rolls 24 hours later and with a good quality vanilla icecream says they are even better! - 07 Jun 2010
This is actually a traditional Filipino desert. - 10 Jan 2014