Homemade Baba Ghanoush
1 / 7
3 / 7
4 / 7
5 / 7
6 / 7
7 / 7
459 people made this
Fabulous Lebanese roasted eggplant dip. Delicious served with pita, vegetables and hummus as part of a meze platter, or just on its own.
4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Place the eggplant on baking tray and pierce holes in the skin with a fork. Roast it for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, or until soft.
- Remove the eggplant from oven and place into a large bowl of cold water. Remove from water and peel skin off.
- Place the eggplant, lemon juice, tahini, sesame seeds and garlic in a blender, then purée. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a medium size mixing bowl, and slowly mix in olive oil. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
Roasted the eggplant on the barbie rather than in the oven. No need to put in a bowl of water-just scraped the flesh out from the skin.
- 24 Sep 2009
Used different ingredients.
I used the oil from the top of the tahini instead of the extra virgin olive oil, so yummy!
- 02 Mar 2011
Beter than a bought one. Froze some as well and it was still lovely. Thankyou
- 21 Jul 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate