1 / 1 Picture by:
Three-Tomato Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cans no-added-salt tomatoes (400g each), chopped with their juice
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Preparation:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl in boiling water to cover. Stand for 15 minutes or until softened. Drain and chop finely.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 15 minutes or until very soft.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, the tomatoes and their juice, the tomato paste, sugar and salt to taste. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the sauce is well flavoured and slightly thickened.
Did you know?
Studies indicate that the disease-fighting lycopene in tomatoes is best absorbed when the tomatoes have been heat-processed (cooked or canned) using a small amount of oil.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!