1 / 2
20 people made this
A little like a cross between a pancake and a rock cake. You can halve the recipe if you like - it makes a lot.
250g caster sugar
1kg plain flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon of finely grated orange or lemon rind
300g sultanas (or mixed peel)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease 2 large baking trays
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer. Add flour and baking powder; mix in well.
- Add milk, egg, water and lemon zest; continue to mix well. Add sultanas or mixed peel; mix well.
- Dollop even portions of dough (not too closely together) on greased baking trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Break one in half to see if it's no longer doughy.
- Cool on wire rack and serve warm.
mmm more like cross between pancake and cookie. Did the trick for something to go with lunch though!
- 29 Mar 2013
i agree that the mixture was WAY too runny but it made a REALLY nice fruit cake!
- 28 Mar 2013
The mixture was to wet although made to the recipe . It turned out more like a fruit cake and had to be cut into slices .
- 29 Sep 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate