1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis
Sweet Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 375 g potatoes, unpeeled, cut into small cubes
- 2 medium green capsicums, seeded and cut into small squares
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 medium yellow zucchini, halved lengthways and cut into small cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) carrot juice or salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 375 g tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Preparation:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine oil and garlic in a large roasting pan; roast in oven 5 minutes. Add potato, capsicum and rosemary. Toss to coat. Roast until potato begins to soften, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and onion. Roast a further 15 minutes.
- Combine the juice, tomato, tarragon and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Add vegetables.
- Pour 1 cup (250 ml) water into roasting pan; scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Pour the pan juices into the saucepan; simmer for 2 minutes and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!