1 / 1 Picture by: Lynn Lewis and Joachim Wahnschaffe
Summer fruit cheesecake
- 125g amaretti cookies, crushed
- 450g ricotta
- 3 eggs, separated
- 120g caster sugar
- Finely grated rind of 1 small orange
- 125 ml cream, for whipping
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- FOR THE TOPPING
- About 300g strawberries, halved or sliced
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, sifted
Preparation:30min › Cook:1hour15min › Ready in:1hour45min
- Use a 20cm springform tin. Grease tin; line base with baking paper. Sprinkle amaretti crumbs evenly over paper lining and set aside. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C .
- Place ricotta, egg yolks, sugar, orange rind and cream in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and mixed well. Pour mixture into a bowl. Sift flour over the surface and fold it in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Using a metal spoon, gently fold them into the cheese mixture. Pour into the tin, taking care not to disturb the crumbs; smooth the surface.
- Bake for 1 hour or until slightly risen, lightly set and golden brown. Turn off oven and leave the cake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside to cool. Chill before serving, if desired.
- Remove cheesecake from tin and place on a serving plate. Pile strawberries and kiwi fruit on top and dust with the icing sugar.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!