1 / 1 Picture by: Zoë Harpham
Basic Stir Fried Vegetables
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 750g mixed fresh vegetables, prepared and cut into even-sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 1/2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Preparation:15min › Cook:7min › Ready in:22min
- To make the stir-fry sauce, put the soy sauce, sherry, honey and stock in a small jug. Stir together until combined then set aside until needed.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large deep frying pan. Add any of the tougher, slower-cooking vegetables (such as carrots, broccoli, celery, green beans and baby corn) and stir-fry over a high heat for 30 seconds. Pour in 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons of water, cover with a lid and cook over a high heat for 2 minutes.
- Next add the more tender, quicker-cooking vegetables (such as capsicums, snow peas, bean sprouts and spring onions), along with the garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until they are almost tender.
- Finally, stir in any delicate leafy vegetables (such as shredded greens, baby bok choy or baby pak choy) and cook for just 1 more minute until all the vegetables are cooked but retain some bite and their bright colour.
- Pour in the stir-fry sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute until all the vegetables are coated in the sauce. Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with sesame oil, then serve at once.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!