Spicy chicken and pawpaw fajitas
- 2 large skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 ½ tablespoons Cajun spice mixture
- few drops of Tabasco, to taste
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 1 pawpaw
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 125g mixed baby leaf salad or other delicate mixed salad leaves
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Cut each chicken breast lengthways into about eight long strips. Sprinkle the spice mixture over a plate, add the chicken strips and toss to coat. Sprinkle lightly with a little Tabasco, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas, following the packet instructions. Cut the pawpaw in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds, then cut each half into eight slices and peel.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan. Add the coated chicken strips and stir-fry for 6 minutes over a medium heat. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with half the lime juice and toss, scraping the residue from the pan.
- Divide the salad leaves among the warm tortillas. Sprinkle over the rest of the oil and lime juice, then top with the chicken strips and slices of pawpaw. Season to taste, then roll up loosely and serve at once, allowing two per person.
½ portions vegetables, ½ portion fruit
Slices of fresh mango would be good as an alternative to papaya. * Cajun seasoning is a New Orleans-style blend of herbs and spices including chilli powder, but you could use any similar spicy seasoning.