Stir Fried Sesame Chicken
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch crushed chillies
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 125g fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Extra time:3hours marinating › Ready in:3hours25min
- Marinade: In a dish or bowl, blend cornflour with rice wine; stir in lemon juice, soy sauce, chillies, ginger and garlic. Blend and stir in chicken pieces to coat. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir Fry: In a wok or large frying pan, toast the sesame seeds over medium heat, shaking the pan until the seeds are a golden brown colour. Remove seeds and set aside.
- To same wok or frying pan, add sesame oil and vegetable oil and heat slowly.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade, and stir fry in wok a few pieces at a time, until browned. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and green capscium to same wok or frying pan and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the spring onions and stir fry 1 minute more.
- Return chicken to pan, together with reserved marinade, and stir over medium high heat for another 2 to 4 minutes, or until the ingredients are evenly coated with the sauce. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top and serve immediately.
This was ok but it next time I think I'll leave out the sesame oil as it was unnecessary with the sesame seeds and overpowered the dish. - 30 Jun 2011
Very nice i might add a little more of the liquid ingredients next time as my family likes to mix their rice thru and this was a little dry - 18 Dec 2010
i loved this recipe i will defently be making it in the future - 20 Jun 2009