Crustless Artichoke Mini Quiches
Serves : 16
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 185g tinned artichoke hearts
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar
- 3/4 cup grated gruyere
- 1 1/3 cups grated parmesan
- small bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Lightly grease mini muffin tins.
- Over a medium heat slowly cook onion and garlic in a pan until tender.
- In a blender or food processor, mix artichoke hearts, eggs, cheddar, gruyere, parmesan, parsley, tarragon, black pepper, chilli sauce and Worcestershire. Blend until smooth. Stir in the onions, garlic and dried breadcrumbs.
- Fill the muffin tins approximately half full with the mixture. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Serve warm.
I made these for a party last night-in fact I made them in the middle of the party. Really easy to throw together and worked perfectly. I made mine in normal sized muffin tins so they were a bit bigger and took 20-ish mins to cook. Great idea! But they were gone so quickly I didnt even have time to think "I should take a photo!" - 25 Oct 2008
I made these for a baby shower and they were a great hit. - 27 Apr 2009