1 / 1 Picture by: topsi89
Ricotta and Fresh Herb Scones
- 450g self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- several grinds of black pepper
- 220g reduced-fat ricotta
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as continental parsley, chives, thyme, rosemary, basil
- 1 cup low-fat milk, or more as needed, plus extra to glaze
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds to sprinkle
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and stir in the salt and black pepper.
- Place the ricotta, egg and herbs in another bowl and stir well until smooth. Add to the flour and stir in with a round-bladed knife. Work in 1 cup milk, or a little more if needed, to make a slightly soft but not sticky dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead gently for 1 minute or until smooth. Divide into 8 equal portions and shape each into a rough-looking ball.
- Place the scones on a large greased baking tray, arranging them so they do not touch. Brush lightly with milk to glaze, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until the scones are lightly browned and sound hollow when they are tapped on the base.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly, then eat warm or allow to cool completely before serving. The scones can be kept in an airtight container for 24 hours.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!